It was in 1887 that Jacques Lobstein, owner of brewery Dommartin, start to construct buildings of the future. The big brewery and malt house Vosgienne were better adapted to the standards of industrial brewing. The work ended in 1900 with the malt house. A beautiful résidence, designed by architect Clasquin, replaced the former premises en 1904. Around 1930, his son René Lobstein, modernized the brewery and built a magnificent brew hall in art-deco style.
The brewery stops brewing the famous beer from the Vosges in 1956 but the company stayed active till 1975.
Some of the buildings became a museum in 1987.
Brewing demonstrations have been perfomed since 1993.